Belt up. Round
Country football continues its support of the Insurance Commission of WA (ICWA) and again our leagues and clubs will support the Belt up. round. 2019 marks the 21st Anniversary of the partnership between the WACFL and ICWA. All WACFL Leagues are asked to participate in promoting the Belt up. message over the weekend and across the year.
- Provide cobranded footballs to be used for each League level game.
- Provide advertising and public announcement information prior to the event.
- Create state wide media awareness.
- Provide each league with funding to support their contributions.
- Naming rights of the round (i.e. Belt up. Round).
- Budget advertising where possible (copy provided by the WACFL prior to the event).
- Distribution of footballs to home clubs.
- Complete the funding acquittal form (provided with funding letter) and forward photos of the day so that we are able to report back to ICWA.
Home Club Expectations
- Thirty seconds silence to be observed before each League game as a mark of respect for people who have died on country roads.
- Public announcements where possible (scripts to be provided by WACFL prior to the event).
- Read out message to players in the change rooms after each game.
- Present football to Best on Ground player. You may wish to have a family member of a local club person whom we have lost in a car crash present the ball, or the local Police, or anyone you see fit. Any photos of such presentation with the Belt up. ball prominently displayed would be terrific for use in your local media and by WACFL to promote the sponsorship.
- Acknowledgment of the Belt Up sponsorship and messages throughout the year.